Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

cool it renters.

We rent out the top area of our house, so we live in the basement. Don't worry its all walled off and we have a completely different entrance; so its not like we eat dinner with them or anything. Our renters are a young couple with a 2-3 year old girl and a newborn baby boy. Well this young mom is crazy. I think she might have Kevin's number on speed dial, and since her husband can't do a thing (or so it seems), Kevin gets a lot of texts and calls:

"What do I recycle?" (yes, she really asked kevin this)

"There are a few ants by my oven"

"Can you blow out your candle, it is giving me a headache"

"There is smoke up here" (haha this one was funny. We found that our BBQ outside was right underneath a vent that went straight up to the second floor, so everytime we BBQ...they got some smoked out. we laughed while we moved the BBQ)

"Your snow machine is falling off the trailer" (what? did you mean SNOWMOBILE?)

And many more I just can't think of any more right now.
Well tonight I was broiling some fish, and as many as you know, when you cook in a small area, things are bound to get a little smokey. Well it did and I opened our door to help air it out. But the smoke alarm still went off. I quickly ran over and tried to turn it off- which it did in less than 45 seconds. But don't you worry she text Kevin (who is usually always gone at work).
"The smoking alarm is going off and their is smoke in the house!"
NO. DUH.
Open a window.
Open your door.
Try to do something on your own.
Kevin feels like he has two wives. Poor guy.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA. I laughed the entire time I read this! It's amazing how some people even make it in life.

    ReplyDelete