Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

one year older!


Kevin turned the big 2-6 on August 3rd! We had our daily lunch in the park and I made him some molten chocolate birthday cupcakes. Even though I already had given him his birthday present a few weeks before, I still had to get him something on his birthday! So I got him his ultimate favorite brown sugar beef jerky, and a bunch of his new favorite gum Spry. This gift may seem weird... but he would never buy this for himself. A bag of this beef jerky is around $12, and this is just ridiculous to Kevin. And it really is ridiculous to me too. But I like to make him happy, so this was his birthday gift.
We then went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. And it wasn't as good as I remember...but Kevin still really liked it. It is just too expensive for what you get. Kevin always gets the Chicken Madeira and I usually get the Carmel Chicken. And also our server was boring. I mean they don't have that much to do there. All he did was take our order silently and refill our waters. He didn't even bring our food out. We are probably just an easy couple to serve.
We ended the night with sluuuushees from sonic and the movie Independence Day. I had a free route 44 coupon and we only realized what it was when we ordered it. It was just a HUGE slushee. An XL. It made my large look tiny; how sad.
It sounds like a boring birthday but this is what Kevin likes. Birthdays to me are an excuse to go big. I like to go stay in a nice hotel and eat at a fancy restaurant. This really is unrealistic at the time, but hopefully in the future this can be a tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment