Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

$money-savers$

We try in every way to save money, like every other newlywed couple out there:

We don't have cable, or any tv for that matter
When we go out for date night, the bill must be under $20 (not including tip)
If its not date night but I don't want to make dinner, Its usually a Big Daddy $8 combo pizza (yum!)
For food we only buy what we need, no treats! (oh I brake this rule every now and again)
We have netflix - which is awesome! $8 a month and you have unlimited access to movies
I still use ribbons, bags, and bows from our wedding to wrap presents
I use newspaper (from my parents house) as wrapping paper
Rarely go to a real movie theater, dollar theaters are A O.K.
We rarely spend money on activities, we believe we should be able to have fun for free : hiking, mountain biking, soccer in the park, free camping, etc...
and many more...

But what I am most proud of as of now is our haircut money saving skills.
Kevin bought a $30 haircutting kit a while back and has been cutting his own hair since.
And I never get my hair cut (or dyed). Ok, lets be honest, I don't remember the last time I did this so this wasn't a "being married" thing. I don't trust others with my hair. My hair is nothing special I know but I still don't like other people touching it. And besides, I have a sensitive head. So kevins' new haircutting kit really benefitted me; now I use real hair cutting scissors instead of any scissors within hands reach. But I am not proclaiming any pro-haircutting skills here- I know nothing about cutting hair. And I have yet to learn anything about it. I just cut it. Maybe an inch or two inches every month or so. And sometimes I even get creative and cut layers into my hair (ahh! i know). Good thing I never wear my hair down for people to see what my hair really can do.

1 comment: