Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

boating is where the love is

Since this is my only journal, I need to share more of our love stories...

Going boating, or just being on a boat is where me and Kevin first fell in love with each other. But for each of us, they were different boating trips.
We had only been dating a month or so when Kevin invited me to go boating with him and some friends. I was excited and nervous. I even went out and bought new shorts to wear. I remember going over there and meeting his mom for the first time. She had me make a sandwich for myself just in case I got hungry while boating. I remember thinking Geeze she is so nice!
We went out to Utah lake and this was before I knew Kevin was good at wake-boarding, or anything for that matter. He was very humble while we were dating. He just went out there and did his thing like it was no big deal. I remember thinking who the heck is this kid!!? When he came back into the boat I was so amazed. But he just came to the front of the bow where I was sitting and sat next to me and grabbed my ankle and leg and just asked if I was having fun. I know that sounds funny (how he grabbed my ankle... it was just so cute) but it was just one of those moments where everything felt right. I knew right then that this was going to be different then my past relationships. And I have remembered that moment so clearly ever since.

Another time where I fell more in love with him was when we planned a trip to go to Deer Creek a month or so later. We went up with a bunch of kevins friends, his brother mitchell, and a bunch of his friends. We went up in the evening, boated for an hour then set up camp on a beach. We sat and watched kevin and mitchell set up and use their wench. I remember thinking I would never get bored with this kid. We at hot dogs and s'mores, and hung out by the fire. We then went to bed, don't worry, not in the same sleeping bag - we weren't even in a tent, we were out in the open right next to everyone else... That little clarification was for my parents. They hated me going on little trips like this- and Im sorry I wasn't the best daughter-I kind of did what I wanted. But c'mon! I was falling in love! Anyways, when we woke up in the morning in our sweaters and bed-hair, I remember thinking- I like this. I could get used to this. He is so cute in the morning with his tousled hair and groggly eyes.

Kevin told me after we had gotten engaged, or even married, I am not sure... That he first started falling for me on our first Lake Powell trip with my family. He said this was when he could see the real me; how I acted around my family. He knew that was where I felt the most comfortable. He remembered an actual moment when were were swimming in the lake when he knew this relationship was different, and he could really fall for me.

It wasn't until after we got married that we realized we both fell in love with each other on boats. This clearly means we will need to buy a boat in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment