Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"road rash mal"



Yesterday was a great day, but when it came to biking; it was a bad bike day. It started off with kevin getting mad that I was taking so long to get out the door. He sometimes gets grumpy when we go biking. We started at the top of Suncrest and the boys (Kevin, Patrick, and Parker) went off the jump they had built. Parker brought his brand new $5,000 bike, and crashed on his first try. But he always does this. The crashing wasn't the big deal, it was that he got a flat tire. We weren't prepared for a flat tire (the boys usually are), so Parker had to walk back up to the car and drive it to the bottom to wait for us. After this, Patricks bike shifter broke. Then his brakes didn't work. But luckily for him they started working again after a few minutes; I mean could you imagine doing a downhill trail with no brakes? Well everything was looking up, especially since I was wearing my new full-face helmet Kevin had bought me. I was feeling pretty rad and bad... until I crashed. I was going pretty fast on a straight-away part of the trail and somehow slid off the trail on my side with my bike on top of me. I got bad road rash on my arm, and then some on my entire left thigh and even up to the top of my back. I hit my head pretty hard too, but boy was I thankful for that new helmet. Everyone says its bad luck to ride with a brand new helmet. I have now experienced that bad luck and hopefully that will be the end of it.
WIth this road rash and crash I think I might have become an official Brower.

3 comments:

  1. In my defense, imagine every time you were getting ready to go biking you had to do everything twice...thats why I get grumpy somtimes. "Malorie you can't wear moccasins with no socks biking" "Malorie you can't ride a bike with flat tires" etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ouch Malorie! Will got his first road rash on his bike today . . . he was taking pictures and wanted me to post them on the blog, but he had nothing compared to you!

    ReplyDelete