Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pork Chop Dinner


Yummy summer dinner. Kevin really really liked the coleslaw, and even liked the carrots (he is not a big carrot fan). I really like cooked carrots and had delicious sauteed carrots at Redrock, so I decided to find a good recipe I could make at home. I even think these carrots were better then Redrocks.

Pork Chops
For these I just broil them. I put them on a broiling sheet and cover them with olive oil, salt, and pepper on each side. Sometimes I use seasoning, sometimes not. They only take about 6-7 minutes on one side, and 5-6 minutes on the other side. Just watch them and use your own judgement.

Sauteed Carrots
Carrots
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tb butter
1 1/2 Tb chopped dill or parsley

Peel carrots and cut them diagonally in 1/4 inch slices. Place the carrots, 1/3 cup water, salt, and pepper in a large saute pan and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and cook over medium-low heat for 7-8 minutes, until the carrots are just cooked through. Add the butter and saute for another minute, until the water evaporates and the carrots are coated with butter. Off the heat, toss with the dill or parsley. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to serve.

Sweet Restaurant Slaw
1 (16 0z) bag coleslaw mix
2 Tb diced onion
2/3 cup cream salad dressing (I used regular mayonnaise, but you can use miracle whip)
3 Tb vegetable oil
1/2 cup white sugar (I used slightly less- I didnt want it super sweet)
1 Tb white vinegar
1/4 tsp salt

Combine coleslaw mix and onion in a large bowl. Whisk together the rest of the ingredients for the dressing in a medium bowl. Pour over mixture and toss to coat. It says to chill at least 2 hours before serving, I just popped it in the fridge for 20 minutes and it was still delicious. Kevin practically licked the bowl clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment