Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Called to serve...

I cannot believe my little Tyler is old enough to go on a mission.  I swear it was yesterday he looked like this:
He was the cutest little boy.  
And he turned out to be a fine young man: (even though I sometimes wish he stayed little for me forever).

He got his mission call on Thursday.  He waited a whole day and a half to open it.  He even waited a whole extra day for me since I had to work :).  
I wasn't nervous for him until the minutes leading up to the actual opening.
That time sitting around with family and friends hearing him read a letter written just for him from the Lord was amazing.  I'm always impressed with how my brother can bring in the Spirit.
When he said he will be serving in the Scotland/Ireland mission.  I knew that was where he was supposed to serve his whole life.  
And that he gets to preach the gospel in the Mandarin Chinese language?
Holy cow.
What a specific mission made just for him.   
I can't help but think how much confidence the Lord has in this 19 year old boy. 

I am so proud of you Tyler.  So proud.
I look up to you little brother of mine (literally and figuratively).  You really are an example to me. 

I can't wait to hear you speak Chinese with a Scottish/Irish accent.  
This is going to be fun.

And here is the special moment:
Sorry if it is shaky; I was nervous and excited for him!

1 comment:

  1. Okay I just barely watched this--I know I'm so behind. Holy cow I was almost in tears haha this is so great!!

    ReplyDelete