Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Recipe: Homemade Tostadas


(Sorry for the poor quality iPhone photos. We have horrible lighting in our kitchen and Kevin has been stealing my awesome camera lately)

Now onto another recipe! My food choices this week are ethnic-rich. First Korean, and now Mexican; I'm hoping to make some fried ravioli's later on, so add Italian to this week as well.

Tostadas

1 lb lean ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can mild diced chiles
Romaine lettuce, chopped
Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Corn tostada shells

Homemade Pico De Gallo

Tomatoes, chopped
Onion, chopped
Cilantro
Fresh lime or lemon juice
Salt

Combine ingredients for the pico and let sit for a few hours in the fridge.

Cook meat. Add water, taco seasoning and chiles. Cook until reduced.

Put lettuce on top of the tostada shell, add meat and pico, and top with your finely grated Parmesan. I also recommend adding Cholula hot sauce; my hot sauce of choice.

Yummy and light :)

I served these with roasted potatoes. I found a great and easy recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment