Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

he is a poster boy and a "favorite"

Kevin went to the Outdoor Retailers show and lookie what he found!?..He was Hestra Gloves' poster boy. That is him. POSTER BOY!!! duh duh duh.... (que a cool action song)

So I started my last semester this semester. Crazy sauce. What do I do after school? I mean, I have been going to school since I can remember. And I can remember all the way back to preschool. We had scheduled nap times back then. And the best thing that could happen was you getting anointed as the "wake-up fairy." I did it once. And I couldn't nap during that whole time; I was just too excited to be able to tap everyone with the special "wand" and wake them up.
And then came kindergarten, elementary school, becoming afraid of the "resource" kids and walking past their door, the oh-so-awkward Jr. High years and wearing an eeyore shirt and eeyore hat more times than I will admit, the high school years of constant swimming and water polo playing, and then the many dance parties of my freshman year in college. School, you have been fun.
I am only taking two courses this semester. So it feels like I am already done. But I am really enjoying my classes so far. But maybe not so much the students in the class. And maybe this is only because I am a total sour puss. When I go to school, I am there to listen and absorb as much as I can. If anyone gets in my way, you better look out. I have quite a few students in both of my classes that interrupt my flow of learning. And this is bad.
There is one kid that continually feels like he needs to ask questions. Questions that don't need to be asked, or questions that already have been answered. He jumbles away for far too many minutes trying to get his question across. Whenever I hear his voice come out, I get embarrassed, literally embarrassed, for him. Because by the end of his questioning, the teacher still doesn't know what he is getting at. And by the end he sounds like a total idiot. I am sorry but the saying "No question is a dumb one," is the stupidest saying I have ever heard.
And then there is a kid who says "ummm" far too often. And of course he likes to participate in discussion. Suck. I am not exaggerating when every other word is "umm." Next time he talks I might just umm-punch him in the face.
And then there is the girl who sits behind me and eats an entire bag of Gardettos. They smell nasty, they are loud, and they take far too long to eat. Please don't bring anymore food girl. OK, ok, lets meet in the middle...a snack size gardetto bag is fine.

And there are so many other students I could complain about, but I will end it at that.

Also, I want to share with you my favorite candy (for now). I typically don't have "favorites" of anything. It drives me bonkers when people are inquiring about me and ask me "favorite" questions like "what is your favorite food" "what is your favorite color" "what is your favorite number" "what is your favorite band." I think these are the stupidest questions. But now I will answer all you guys "what is your favorite candy" question. So this is a big deal and I am excited to share this with you:
Introducing....
RIPS
"innovation in licorice"


What you have never seen or heard of these?... Oh its ok, most people haven't. But these are the best darn things out there. Try em. Like em.

3 comments:

  1. You want to know something sad? I can't eat RIPS :( I looked at them the other day and they have wheat in them. How stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whaaaat are you serious? why on earth do they need wheat in them? they need to make gluten-free rips. you should write them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mal, you crack me up! love reading all your posts! and, i LOVE rips! so good! ps. i know what you mean about annoying peers... i think i have problems at school cause i get so annoyed. hahaha glad i'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete