Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

double the fun

Christmas was definitely different this year, but I really liked it and am now demanding that our future Christmas's are always like this years. Christmas eve we spent with my family. We had amazing food, played the candy bar game, showed off our good deed projects (ok maybe were not the most humble family), got new pajamas, and played a gift exchange game. We then had a sleep over with my little brother since he is now the only one left at home. Me, Kev and Ty slept in the basement on two blow-up mattresses. I was kind enough to give the best one to Kevin, and me and Ty took the bigger one. Worst. Night. Ever. That mattress would not stay blown up for two seconds. I mean, C'mon...isn't that your job? It was worse sleeping on that thing then on the flat, cold ground. It was even worse that we all fell asleep to a movie that got unreasonably loud during all the action parts, so it kept waking us up, but we were all too lazy to get up and turn off the projector. And don't forget that it was Christmas Eve. I get so excited for Christmas morning. I am still the same little girl that would wake-up my little brother at two in the morning and snuggle in his bed and make him stay up until morning with me. I woke up at 5:30 am and stared at the ceiling for a half hour not daring to wake up my husband with my excitement. I knew he might just kill me. So right when I hear a rustle in the sheets in Tylers direction I whisper (kind of loudly) "Are you awake tyler?" And my plan worked, he woke up. We then continued to try and wake up Kevin without any success. So I decided to let time pass until 7:00 am. I took a long hot shower and got ready. This is quite awesome if you know me (6:30 am!). When 7:00 am struck I demanded Kevin to wake up. Me and tyler then showed how we do Christmas Morning. We still do it like we did when we were little things. We wake up the parents, let them go check if Santa came, then we walk down the stairs one at a time. It was glorious.
We opened presents, then had the best breakfast ever. Breakfast casserole, homemade hot chocolate and apple strudel.
We then did something we both had never done before, We went skiing!!! We really liked it and I think this might have to be a tradition now.

Because Mitchell came home after Christmas, we decided to be nice and surprise him with Christmas morning the morning after he got home. So our Christmas Eve was the 29th and Christmas Day was the 30th with the Browers. Everyone had a very successful Christmas. We all got completely spoiled. Especially Alta and Ellie.


ellie got a box
mitchell got a snuggie


my awesome new bike helmet

No comments:

Post a Comment