Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"puke hill"





Yesterday me, Kevin, Patrick, and Mark went on a biking fun trip. We decided to go bike the Wasatch Crest trail in big cottonwood canyon. Kevin failed to tell me "puke hill" was a part of it until pretty much right before we left. The name scared me. But we drove up and it was crazy busy. There was a huge dead elk on the side of the road and were not quite sure how it got there. I mean if someone would have hit that thing, im pretty sure they would be dead too. And if someone did hit it and miraculously didn't get hurt; how on earth would you drag it into the ditch on the side of the road? It will forever be a mystery. Well we started the trail and puke hill made me want to puke. No it wasn't all that bad. I only rode my bike up half of it, then pushed it up another half. Which let me tell you, pushing the bike up is no easier. There is no easy way to go about this puke hill. There was a bit more uphill to do, but then came the 10 miles of downhill! We climbed through sun-dappled woods, cross luxuriant basins, and hit tricky sections that required a full repertoire of bike handling skills. But when you're not riveted to the trail, you'll be captivated by the alpine architecture of these majestic mountains. Ok we all know Im not that good of a writer, I stole that from Utah.com.... but it explained it well! It was a beautiful trail. The weather was perfect: 66 degrees and a light breeze to cool you down. Why would anyone want to live anywhere but here?! We all had a lot of fun. We ended it with a delicious lunch at Silver Fork Lodge where the boys got their hamburgers and I got a fresh mozzarella sandwich, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment