Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

appletini's & bombay's


Last night I started my first server training shift at Tiburon. What a doozy. It is NOTHING like my previous serving job. I have to learn about meat, cuts, food, sauces, herbs, vegetables, their garden, WINE, BOOZE, BEER, everything! Makes me tired just writing it all. But don't worry they just threw me right in. They have a bar, but no bartender-the servers are the bartenders. I cant believe how much hard alcohol and wine they have. But having a mormon bartender is such a great idea. While I was concocting 5 appletinis, and 3 or 4 bombays for this couple (oh how they could put drinks down!) the vodka and triple sec was dripping down my arms. Im sure anyone else would love to just lick that expensive stuff up. The server I was shadowing was luckily the only other mormon there. She told me my husband will just get used to me coming home smelling like booze. Mom and Dad arent you so proud of me?....
But I really do like this job, everyone that works there is so generous and nice. The gardener told me I can go out and pick whatever I want. The chefs make a special dinner for the servers before tables start arriving. Last night it was a delicious pizza. Then all through the night they are making things up and having you try them. They made us a fruit salad, a smoothie that was delicious that had so many ingredients in it, duck with a special sauce, and at the end of the night they made me my very own New Zealand Elk plate. Oh man was it good. It was hard for me to save some for Kevin but I did. I think Kevin is going to like this new job of mine...

4 comments:

  1. Malorie I am so jealous, I've always wanted work there! Way to go that's awesome! maybe I'll have to apply there myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Where is it I want a second job as a server. Are they still hiring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learn to make a good cosmopolitan, now that's a skill!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I don't think they are hiring right now. I got real lucky and went in the day before one of his long time employees asked for a month off so im taking his place. the owner is actually opening a restaurant in november tho, and that is where I will serve then. and erin i have yet to make a cosmo but i will work on it!

    ReplyDelete