Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

obama hates goat cheese empanadas




Well I know that obama hates goat cheese because he hates anything and everything good. Well these are good. Real good. My mom bought me a subscription to Real Simple magazine, and I would recommend everyone getting this magazine- I love it! I found this simple recipe in this months issue and decided to try it out for todays picnic lunch with the hubby. We have loved these little lunches at the Draper dome park. Its a beautiful and cute little park with the best shade. Today I decided to make it a fancy and romantic lunch with these fancy (well I think they are fancy) goat cheese empanadas, corn salsa to dip them in, and sparkling cider.
These reminded Kevin of Ecuador; he ate a lot of empanadas there. I love making things that make him reminisce about his mission. I never get tired of hearing his stories.

goat cheese empanadas

2 refrigerated rolled piecrusts
fresh goat cheese (I made sure to get the local utah cheese, its much better)
corn salsa

Cut 3-inch circles out of the piecrusts ( I just used a lid to one of my nalgene water bottles). You decide on how much goat cheese you want in each empanada. I bought 10 ounces of the cheese and used half of it. Lightly dot the edges of the dough with water (oops I forgot this part!), fold in half, and press with a fork to seal. bake on a rimmed baking sheet at 375 until golden, about 20-25 minutes. Serve with corn salsa.

Well our conversation while enjoying these scrumptious treats was about obama. Kevin listens to Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck while working and always has new information on our government and obamas workings. People are starting to learn that the whole Toyota problem was a government ploy. The number of problems with the cars were much less then advertised by CNN and other liberal stations, and the problem was to do with the retarded driver- slamming on the gas believing that it was the brake; what idiots. Why would they be lying about this problem you ask? Well obama wants us to believe that big businesses that are a big part of our economy will fail and that the government should take over. He wants us to believe that we are helpless without our government. Rush believes this is what is now being done with Apple and the whole argument with their bad antennas. This is another big company- and obama would LOVE to have control over it.
In China, their has been talk about all of the suicides within this huge company (Is it Apple? Im not sure) that makes ipods. This advertisement is just another government ploy. The Chinese government has thrown this information into the media to show that this company is not taking care of its employees and it will fail. Their government, like obama, wants to take control over big businesses so their government gets bigger.
So why is obama trying to make our government like China? That is one government I know we dont want to be like.
Well I know everyone has their own beliefs and political feelings, but this is my stance on obama: I think he is a fool. And I hope that everyone that voted for him is crying now.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha Malorie I love the title of your blog post, so incredibly true! And these look delicious! I'll have to try them out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your too funny! I knew that you would like Real Simple! It's the best!!

    ReplyDelete