Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

blessings

You know when you receive a blessing and you know you don't deserve it? Well that has happened to me twice in the past few weeks.
Number one. I recently got a new calling in my ward (I have had 3 in the past...6 or 7 months)- Relief Society Secretary. I could not believe it when I heard it. Really? ME in the relief society? Were still pretty new in our ward and I just bet you most everyone thinks I am still a laurel in Young Womens. I had told Kevin after I got my 3rd calling that there was no way I was going to say "yes" to another calling that was in a two month span of my old calling. I was sick and tired of being the new person in Achievement Days, then Cub Scouts, then Primary... But when I was asked to serve as the RS secretary, I had a calm feeling overcome me and I knew I had to say yes. Oh you should have seen Kevins face when I said this, he knows how stubborn I am with things. He told me he got nervous for the counselor who extended the calling to me; he thought I was going to give him a piece of my mind. Well with being so scared and nervous for this calling, I have completely loved it. It is the perfect calling for me right now. I am getting to know the women in my ward. And I love the presidency I work with; I feel blessed to work with them.
Number two. I got a new job! I went job hunting last week and went to Tiburon to drop off a resume; really just for the fun of it. I thought this place was too nice for a mexican server like me. Well it just so happened that the owner was right there when I walked in. Perfect!! I told him I would love to serve for him and had experience, and for some reason he liked me! He told me he didnt have any openings at Tiburon currently, but was opening up a new restaurant in October- so I could start serving there. He gave me his email so we could keep in touch. Well the next day he called me and hazzaah!, one of his servers wanted a month off, so he wanted to start training me for his position. I went in the next day, he didn't even interview me, and we just talked and he officially hired me. So I should be starting to train either this week or next. So this was blessing number two. The timing was perfect. And I wasn't interviewed - Heavenly Father knows me all too well. Blessings, blessings, blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment