Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

tender moments

There are only a few things that bring tears to my eyes (good tears that is). Here are two of them:

1. Beautiful pictures of my husband skiing

2. Tender moments at the airport of arriving and departing passengers


1. Kevin went to Bryce Canyon a few weeks ago with his photographer Steven Lloyd to go shoot. They had gotten a bunch of snow down there this season; the most they have ever gotten. I didn't really believe this, I couldn't picture red rock and snow together. The last day they were there, they were getting packed up and ready to leave the canyon when they saw park officers driving up to them. This scared them; they were skiing in a national park, they could go to jail, and get a federal offense. So steve talked to the officers and played dumb, "Oh really..we CANT ski here? why not?..." They had checked the website and read that snowshoeing and cross-country skiing was allowed, so they took this as an ok to ski for them. They told the officers this and they said that the website was wrong, but since that was up, they couldn't do anything to them. So they just let them off the hook! Well with this exciting story of almost getting put in jail I was hoping they had gotten some good shots out of the experience since they would never be able to go back and ski it again. His photographer emailed him some shots the night they got back and when kevin showed them to me, I got teary eyed. They were beautiful! I cant post them up, but hopefully soon they will be published so then I can show them off.
2. My parents got to go to Kauaii a few weeks ago for their 30th wedding anniversary. Well since I love going to the airport, regardless of going on a trip, I took them and picked them up. When I got to go pick them up, I got up there a little early so I could just park at the passenger pickup and people-watch. I love people watching. Especially at the airport. Well while I was waiting, I saw multiple couples who one spouse was leaving or coming home from a trip. It was so cute to see how sad they were when they were leaving, they would hug and kiss and not want to let go of each other. Or when one spouse was getting home, and how excited both were to see one another,and they would hug and kiss. It literally brought tears to my eyes, seeing how much people loved each other. Tender moments at the airport are the best.

1 comment:

  1. I love airports too! I like the comings and goings and emotional scenes. Mark thinks I am so funny to think that airports are romantic since he absolutely hates everything about them. I'm glad to find out we have this trait in common Mal. I'll hang with you there anytime.

    ReplyDelete