Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

stupid door knob...

I always have funny stories to tell from sleeping.
Last night, and every night, I wake up in the middle of the night having to go to the bathroom REALLY REALLY bad.
A little background: I have always had this problem. I know this isn't something to brag about, but when I was young my parents had to try many, many different methods on how to treat my peeing my bed every night. Now no one make fun of me, I know all you out there had this same problem. Well we tried the good-night diapers or whatever they were called, the plastic sheets (those were the worst), we even tried a vibrator. They made me wear my little brothers funny underwear and we would put a vibrator in the little pocket in the front that would go off whenever it sensed something warm and wet. I would always wake up all wet, with this stupid vibrator just starting to go off. The method that ended up working was this magical spray that I would spray in my nose every night. It really was magical. It worked, and just like that I had no more problems. I learned to wake up in the middle of the night before I had an accident.
Well this has since continued with me waking up every night. Like I said I had to go really really bad, so I hop up and stumble to the door and the stupid knob comes off! The door would not open. I tried putting the knob back on, but since it was early in the morning, and dark (theres no way I was going to turn the light on, I would have kevin to face) I couldnt open the door. It felt like the end of the world. I really was going to have to HOLD IT ALL NIGHT?? I heard kevin rustling in the sheets and whispered to him that I couldnt open the door that the stupid knob had come off. He didnt respond, so I just had to go back to bed. It took me forever to go back to sleep.
Well come to find out, I tell kevin this morning and he just started laughing and said he was awake the whole time but didnt what to get out of bed to help me. Even though when he woke up in the morning, he opened the door in 10 seconds. Unfair.

4 comments:

  1. Malorie! This is the FUNNIEST story! I feel your pain! I feel your pain with it all and I am not shy to admit I wet the bed too! I LOVE this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, that made me laugh, especially since that's totally something Dan would do too! But I'm not as nice as you, I would have made him get up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha ok. one--this reminds me of so many funny times we had in 9th grade. Puddles in the cafeteria, evidence of you running across the street in st. george, me holding on to your pee covered flip flops for almost a whole semester before you came and got them...haha good times.
    two--I think i went through all those different methods! I vaguely remember using a vibrator thing but I know i had one for sure. The one I remember the most is the plastic, and like you said, it was the worst method haha so so gross! who even thought of that as a solution?? "So I have this genius plan, lets put a plastic sheet down so they can swim in their own peepee!! That'll teach 'em!!"
    and three--I'm really sad that the story didn't end in wetting the bed.
    That is all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malorie your so funny! I totally think you should have woke up Kevin!

    ReplyDelete