Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

#22



"Do I look as cool as I feel?" - quoted by Kevin every time we go snowmobiling, skiing, or any activity he gets to "dress-up" for


I had the best birthday this past weekend. I think I got lucky the time of year I was born; when I was growing up, we seemed to always be in Carlsbad, California the week of my birthday. It felt like a week long birthday celebration. Last year me and kevin didn't stop this tradition and went to california to play in the waves and go to disneyland (I know...). This year we didn't go to california, too much school and work. I really wonder how I got school off last year... Well even though we didn't go to the sunshine state this year, my birthday was just as good. We went spring skiing up at Solitude for as long as we could. It was a beautiful day all, and the snow was so fun to ski on. I could have skied all day, but my legs gave out on me and having to stop so many times on a hill to stop my legs from wiggling too much told me to stop. Kevin borrowed my brothers snowboard and fell in love. He thinks he should switch to snowboarding now. I don't. "Skiing is more classy" is what I say.
We then went home and laid on the tramp and soaked in some sun to raise our low vitamin D stores from the winter.
We were then off to La Cocina, our favorite restaurant, probably overall. I could go their every saturday. The veggie fajitas are the bomb.com there. Kevin loves the shrimp fajitas or the La Cocina Special (just in case any one of you reading this wants to go and try it out).
We then went and bought treats, chocolate cinnamon bears are the current favorite, and drinks even though kevin insisted that what we were going to wasn't really the place to bring these.. but I refused to agree with him, It was my birthday for heavens sake. We then went and bought student tickets to the Utah Symphony. It was a fun experience, we really enjoyed it. The best was sneaking drinks and treats here and there even though there were spies everywhere. Their was an amazing violinist who played along the utah symphony and could play a solo and make it sound like the symphony was playing along with her. She could go full-speed, by herself for ten minutes. Her arms were ripped to say the least. At least her right arm. But my favorite part of this whole show was me setting a chocolate gummy bear on Kevins' leg all secretly for him to hurry and eat, and kevin deciding to make it dance to the symphony. The current piece playing was quite loud and crazy and that bear went right along with it. We were both laughing so hard we were crying. I don't think I have cried so hard because of laughing before, I think it was because we had to be silent while doing this. I didn't know I could be so silent laughing so hard. We were giggling the rest of the show just thinking about it.
This reminded us of the episode of Seinfeld with the dancing Pez at the piano recital. here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLnl8pQ4_HU

No comments:

Post a Comment