Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

our announcement


We're pregnant!

This is me at 16 weeks.
  
We found out we were pregnant when I was about 4 weeks (November 26, 2012).  We had been trying for 8 months, so plenty of pregnancy tests had been taken.  I was getting pretty worked up about it.  It wasn't until I decided to be patient and let the Lord decide the time for us that I saw that positive sign on a test.  By this time, it was just a take-a-test-when-I-was-supposed-to-and-then-throw-it-away game.  After I took this test, I looked at it and absent-mindedly started to throw it in the trash when I noticed it had looked different this time.  I could not believe my eyes.  It took two more tests to convince me that maybe I was pregnant.  
We decided to wait and tell our families until I had an ultrasound.  We went in for what I thought was an 8 week ultrasound (turned out to be 6 week).  When we got there I was shaky and nervous; nervous that they wouldn't find anything.  When the doctor tried the ultrasound machine, she noted that it had been weird lately and might not work.  Sure enough, only black was showing on the screen.  "I don't even have a uterus!" I seriously thought.  She then tried the vaginal ultrasound and a few seconds later, a little animal showed up.  It was the craziest/coolest feeling I have yet to feel.  We were pregnant!  

We decided to tell our family on Christmas Day (Eve for my family).  We put this picture in an envelope and gave it to our parents.  The reaction we got was priceless.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment