Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mt. Hood, part 3

Day three I thought a good long hike was in order. We all decided on a hike to Umbrella falls. It was definitely a good hike. It was probably five miles up and back. The boys were dying the entire time.  I was making them hike at a pretty brisk pace and they weren't too happy about it. They decided that even though online it said it was 'Easy', they decided it was 'Mal-Easy.' I guess it's a new definition which really means 'Difficult.'
The falls were definitely worth it.  It was a gorgeous water fall.  And you couldn't beat the weather.  It was 70 degrees, sunny and blue skies.  Combine that with walking through the Mt. Hood National Forest with my man and you can't find a happier Mal.

This is the view I get every time I go to pick the boys up from their morning of skiing.  Gangsta'.


"We need a rest Mal.  And snacks."




"Kev, take a picture of me with the falls."  And this is what I have to work with.  Goober.



"We need a kissy shot!"

Watching the falls.


2 comments:

  1. MAL your pictures are so good! What kind of camera do you have?? Also the scenery... whoa. I want to go to there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh why thank you but it really is because my lens is awesome! I have a cannon T3i. Just a year or so ago we got the 50 mm lens and it is amazing! And it was only $80 which is spectacular in the camera and lens world. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete