Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

recipe: Blueberry cream pie


Pie making in the past has not always gone as planned.  I could never get the crust right.  And a recipe would never make enough, so my crust would look horrible and never reach the edges.

Well I think I found my pie crust cure.  
This recipe is all around good.  We have already eaten half of the pie and I know we will finish the other half soon.
The filling is sooo good, and the crumb topping is amazing.

Blueberry cream pie

 Crust
4 cups cups flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 3/4 cup cold shortening, diced
1/2 cup cold water
1 large egg (cold)
1 large egg mixed with 1 Tablespoon water (for egg wash)
                                                                                                  Filling
3 cups blueberries (I used frozen and it turned out awesome)
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
                                                                                         Crumb Topping
2 1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch ground nutmeg (about 1/16th teaspoon)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup plus 2 1/2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
Go here for step by step instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment