Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Wedding Day Toast

My parents made this yummy french toast for me the morning of my wedding day, hence the name. It is soo good. The coconut syrup is really what makes it; so if your not a fan of french toast, try it on pancakes or waffles. Since me and kevin don't particularly like breakfast foods or actually I just don't like making breakfast, we ate this for dinner.

2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/8 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
3 T. flour
6 or so slices of thick french bread

Coconut Syrup
7 T. butter
3-4 cups buttermilk
1 cup sugar
1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. coconut extract

Place the butter, buttermilk, and sugar in sauce pot on medium until the sugar dissolves. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and add soda and coconut extract. Stir until fizz is gone.

Beat eggs, then add remaining ingredients. Dip both sides of bread in batter.

Don't mind that the syrup is pretty much pure butter and sugar. Thats what makes it so good. Don't skimp! You might have to throw the remaining syrup away so you aren't constantly dipping your fingers in it after eating (like me).

1 comment:

  1. Sad me and Will missed eating this and still are yet to try it!

    ReplyDelete