Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

sleepwalker, sleeptalker

I have always been known in my family as a sleepwalker and sleeptalker. I dont know if those are one word or two words, but I like them as one so Ill leave them as one. In my old house in Sandy I grew up in, it was a common occurrence for me to sleepwalk. My favorite time I slightly remember:
I was having a dream that I was playing an intense game of soccer and had gotten badly scraped up. So I went to go find some band-aids. I remember finding them in my dream and pouring them out to grab some but then they disappeared. I searched for them for, it felt like, forever but gave up frustrated. I don't remember how the dream ended, but when I got up in the morning to go to the bathroom, there were band-aids EVERYWHERE! I was so confused and I think I got mad at my baby brother for making such a mess in my bathroom. It took me a day to remember my dream and remember that I had made that mess. Im sure I didn't apologize to my brother after this realization...
There are other good stories: me going into my parents closet in the middle of the night in search of my blanket, and snuggling up to a pair of my dads church shoes in their bed.
Another was me going into our front family room, sitting in a chair and just looking at the huge window into the night. My sisters friends were over late that night and her friend Carson walked in and got freaked out because he didn't know who I was since it was dark. Once he realized it was me, he was nice enough to carry me up to my bed.
I haven't had a recent sleepwalking story since we have been married. But I guess I sleeptalk a lot. I have been known many times to turn over to kevin when he is still up reading or trying to go to bed and just smile at him and say "I like you," and go right back to bed. Im pretty sure at the beginning of all this kevin got freaked out. I would have. But he has gotten brave lately and has started to talk back to me and see what I have to say. Usually I just say nonsense back, and when he persists, I get grumpy and mad and go back to bed. Last night I guess I said " She puts so much butter on it." I cant really relate that to my dream last night but I must like cooking even in my sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I love it!Great Post! hahhaaaa, good times!!! I love that you tell Kevin "I like you"! Classic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! The bandaid story is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete