Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

lake powell's best kept secret...

...is October. For those of you who haven't been to Lake Powell in October, shame on you!
It's the best time of year to go. 
 The crowds are gone.  
The heat is gone.
And the water is crystal clear. 
We loved being able to actually need blankets while sleeping.

The girls loved the water, despite it being a few degrees colder.  This especially didn't deter Kevin in his spear fishing this trip.  He loved actually needing his wet suit.  He fished all. day. long.  
Well, he did have some expectations to meet.  He needed to catch enough fish so we could all eat fish tacos one night.  So I guess the pressure was on.  
But he did not disappoint us.  He caught plenty of bass, and one catfish (which was surprisingly good).  We even had leftovers.  
He is too good, that fisher of mine.

Having that new paddle board of mine was a dream this trip.  The water was so amazingly clear that you could see 30 feet down in some places.  It was like Mexico down there people!
  
That paddle board was a great help in scouting out fishing areas for Kevin.  I found schools of fish.  I've never seen fish like carp or stripers in schools.  I might have deemed myself 'The Fish Whisperer' while on this trip.
My maiden voyage on my new board.


Hadley loved going out and watching Kev spear fish.  She would tell me to paddle out to "watch Kenin catch da fishies."

Oh, that shark in the background, don't worry, thats Kevin.




That was Kevin the entire trip.  Out fishing.  To be honest, I didn't see much of him during the day.  He was having way too much fun.
And also, look at that water!

Ah I hate those dang swimsuit wedgies!

Much better. A wedgie-free swimsuit.



My doo-rag dad.

Post mask-wearing Kevin.

Check out those yummy legs!



Chasing the ducks.
Any animal Afton sees, she makes a grunting-like sound.  So any time she saw a bird or a duck, the grunting commenced.  That meant there was a lot of grunting at the marina.

2 comments:

  1. The polka dot suit picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that looks like a blast. Now I want to try paddle boarding! And still desperately want to go to Lake Powell!!!

    ReplyDelete