Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

'no easy day'



I am sure you have heard about the book No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission that Killed Osama bin Laden.  It was written by a Navy Seal, a member of the DEVGRU, a special warfare development group.
There has been a lot of hoop-lah that this guy is a "traiter".  That he has given away our countries secrets and should go to jail for it.  I started reading this book trying to find any secrets that could be incriminating and telling of our countries level of intelligence.  I couldn't find any.  All I could find was a lot of Obama jokes.  And frankly, I think that is why Obama (& Co.) is trying to sue and defend themselves.  This book just makes them look bad.
There has also been hoop-lah about how Osama was unarmed but still killed.  I cannot believe that people are starting this discussion.  How can you have compassion towards a man who has killed thousands of innocent people?  Unbelievable.
I read reviews on a write-up of the book online.  I could not believe the comments.  People were saying how they "now wouldn't trust the Navy Seals to go out on a mission ever again" because of this "traitor".  All I have to say is: How dare you even say that.  These men are fighting for your rights, freedom and country.  They give up there time, families, and life for you.  Gain some respect.

My respect for our country grew immensely from reading this book.  We have some great people out there fighting for us.  





1 comment:

  1. Oh I haven't even heard of this but now I totally want to read it. Go navy seals! I almost always avoid reading comments on anything remotely political or religious these days. People be CRAZY. Most of them are just trolls, people who post outrageous comments somewhere like a forum, chat room or blog with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response. They have no life and that is their entertainment!

    ReplyDelete